Congratulations on deciding to take your nutrition and fitness to the next level! Please read these instructions carefully, and then ask questions at any time when they come up. We want you to be successful and are here to help!
Saturday, September 7 – Kick-off meeting and baseline WOD. Kickoff meeting will be held at 12pm at CrossFit Minneapolis. Baseline WOD can be completed during any class time or open gym time on Saturday, September 7 or Sunday, September 8 (Attendance at kickoff meeting is recommended but not mandatory, presentation materials and instructions are all available on this page)
Monday, September 9 – Start of challenge. Photos due via email, baseline WOD must be completed and logged.
Saturday, September 14 – 10am at CrossFit St Paul. Check-in meeting and paleo cooking discussion with Nick Knutzen of Origin Meals
Saturday, September 21 - Nutrition discussion with Paul Nobles of Eat to Perform. Paul will discuss eating to fuel performance for athletes. 12pm at CrossFit St Paul
Saturday, October 12 (Andrea’s Birthday!) – Farm tour of Blue Gentian Farm in New Richmond, WI
Saturday, October 19 – 12pm at CrossFit St Paul. Sleep Lecture with Dr. Snigdha Sagar, MD, sleep medicine physician at the University of Minnesota. Check out her bio here.
Sunday, November 2 – End of Challenge. Photos due via email and baseline WOD must be completed by end of day Sunday
Monday, November 11- Winners announced
What you need to do:
1. Register for the Challenge here
2. Attend a WOD on Saturday to get your baseline workout score (If you can’t attend Saturday you can do this workout during any class time on Sunday, September 8 or Monday, September 9) Log your workouts on your google doc page (Individual pages will be live on Sunday, September 8). Logs from the last challenge we did in February can be found here.
3. Attend kickoff meeting at 12pm at CFMPLS (you don’t have to attend this to participate, but it will be helpful and informative I promise)
4. Send 3 before photos to [email protected] (see below for instructions)
5. Eat clean starting September 9th for 8 weeks (see nutrition start-up guide below)
6. Log your food, sleep, exercise, and stress on your google doc page, which can be found below.
7. Make your personal health and wellness an absolute priority for 8 weeks
8. Share recipes, challenges, ideas, whatever you want, on our Facebook Group, which is here.
9. Send 3 after photos to [email protected] (see below for instructions)
1. Take three photos of yourself in a well lit room from 6 feet away, one facing your front, one facing your left side, one facing your back. Men should wear shorts, women should wear shorts and a sports bra. Before and after photos should be taken in the exact same spot wearing the same clothing.Don’t do stupid tricks like changing the lighting, sticking your gut out in the before picture, shaving your body for the after picture, etc. You don’t have to send photos to participate but you must send photos to win prizes.
2. Email photos to [email protected]
Nutrition Challenge Start-up Guide